When we talk about Intermediate Care, we understand it to be a 7 day a week service which includes "a range of integrated services to promote faster recovery from illness, prevent unnecessary acute hospital admission and premature admission to long-term residential care, support timely discharge from hospital and maximise independent living” (Intermediate Care - Halfway Home, DH 2009).
A tasty and healthy winter is in store for the residents of Sandwell and West Birmingham thanks to a new NHS ‘winter warmers’ recipe book.
NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG has produced the book, which not only includes a number of recipes for nutritious and delicious dishes, but is also packed with helpful advice and information on staying well this winter.
On Monday 12 September it was announced that Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG had been shortlisted for three HSJ Awards.
The categories that our continued hard efforts have been recognised in are:
- CCG of the Year for 2016. Having been awarded CCG of the Year twice alreadythis is a remarkable achievement and recognises all the hard work and commitment of our staff and members
- CEO of the Year. Andy Williams has been shortlisted for this very prestigious award
- Compassionate Patient Care award. Our Safeguarding Children Team have been shortlisted for this award in recognition of the innovative ways they have approached Safeguarding that have been nationally recognised.
Peer Health Champions sponsored by Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG delivered by Rights and Equality Sandwell
- Are you a voluntary sector or community led organisation? Do you provide information to your clients or communities about how they can look after their health?
- Are you interested in doing health related work with your clients and communities?