Join the thousands who are splitting up with smoking this October. Health bosses in Sandwell and West Birmingham are encouraging residents to take part in Stoptober, a month-long challenge to quit smoking.
View the Black Country and West Birmingham STP Stakeholder Newsletter - pdf September/October 2019
View the Black Country and West Birmingham STP Stakeholder Newsletter - pdf August 2019 (493 KB)
Personal health budgets are giving 180 people in Sandwell and West Birmingham more control over the care and support they receive.
Sandwell & West Birmingham CCG is undertaking Phase 3 of the Harmonised Clinical Treatment Policy Project. This harmonised approach across Sandwell & West Birmingham is to facilitate consistent, evidence based policy development for planned patient care.
The remit of the Harmonised Treatment Policy Project is outlined by the Lead Planned Care GP Dr Geoff Naylor:
‘Treatment policies are designed to provide fair, consistent, and transparent access to treatment for patients. CCGs have finite resources and are required to ensure treatment policies are evidence-based, achieve best clinical outcomes for patients and provide the most cost-effective use of NHS resources. Our treatment policies have been developed to be informed by the most up to date clinical evidence, best practice and clinical opinion nationally. During this engagement period in Phase 3 treatment policies we would really value and appreciate feedback from clinical colleagues to ensure our next phase of treatment policies are as clinically robust as possible for our local patients.’
Between Thursday 5 September and Friday 11 October, Sandwell & West Birmingham CCG will be engaging with clinical colleagues and the public regarding Phase 3a which includes the following 12 DRAFT policies:
1. Subacromial Pain
2. Image guided therapeutic intra-articular joint injections with corticosteroids with/without local anaesthetic
3. Image-guided HIGH VOLUME intra-articular injections (40mls+) of saline with or without corticosteroid and/or local anaesthetic
4. Exogen Bone Healing System
5. Liposuction for: Lymphoedema and Lipoedema
6. Bariatric Surgery
7. Knee Arthroscopy in Acute Knee Injury
8. Domiciliary Non-Invasive Ventilation
9. Surgical use of Biological Mesh
10. Non-Cosmetic Body Contouring
12. Hysteroscopy for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding