Our intention is to ensure that we achieve our vision of 'healthcare without boundaries', along with our mission:
'To value diversity and tackle inequality. We will improve the health and wellbeing of all communities in Sandwell and West Birmingham, reducing inequalities as we do so.'
We will do this by embedding an inclusive approach. This will be backed by a set of values that:
- Is driven by a strong and committed leadership with empowered and engaged staff
- Nurtures autonomy, ensuring that everyone has a choice in the care they receive and where and how they are treated
- Commissions services that are fair to all and personal to each
- Listens to and understands the needs and experiences of all our communities and service users, and learns from the past
- Understands and values the differences between individuals, groups and communities
- Shares its vision with, and is accountable to, its communities, member practices, partners and stakeholders
- Improves health outcomes and reduces health inequalities through designing and improving services that will remove barriers
- Values our service users, staff, member practices and stakeholders and treats all with fairness, dignity and respect
- Ensures that everyone has a voice and the opportunity to participate in decisions made about their health and wellbeing.
View the draft Equality and Diversity Strategy 2019 – 2022 here
Tell us what you think about our draft equality objectives by answering a few questions here. The survey closes at the end of February 2019.
Governance and accountability
The CCG Governing Body is ultimately accountable for compliance against the Public Sector Equality Duty. The responsibility for providing assurance is discharged to the Quality and Safety committee. See our Governance structure here
How you can be involved
There are many ways you can be involved and share your views. Visit our Get Involved section for more information.