The Easter holidays are almost upon us and whilst we hope to be enjoying time with family and friends, NHS clinical commissioning groups are reminding families of the health services available, should anyone become unwell.
Find out when your local pharmacy will be open over the Easter Holidays
Every 15 minutes someone is diagnosed with bowel cancer and it’s the UK’s second biggest cancer killer but it shouldn’t be. It’s treatable and curable especially if diagnosed early.
Thousands of people in Sandwell and West Birmingham are being urged to reduce their risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by making some simple changes to their lifestyle. The plea by NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) comes ahead of Diabetes Prevention Week, which runs from 1 -7 April 2019.
Patients and the public are invited to our April Governing Body meeting which takes place on Wednesday 3 April from 1.45pm – 4.00pm at the Board Room, 2F Kingston House, West Bromwich B70 9LD.
Then we need to hear from you
NHS clinical commissioning groups in the Black Country, along with the Black Country Partnership Foundation Trust, are leading the way in improving care for adults with learning disabilities in our region – and want local people to help inform what they are doing.
The CCGS and BCPFT along with local authorities have been working together as the Transforming Care Partnership to develop a model of community care for people with learning disabilities. This supports this vulnerable group of people to stay close to their families and friends and will reduce the number of inappropriate, often long-term, hospital admissions.
Spring offers new possibilities and, when it comes to health and wellbeing, many important advantages. The longer days and the better weather make this the ideal time to “spring clean” health habits and NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group is offering top tips to help everyone spring into action and give their health a seasonal boost.
Patients and the public are invited to our March Governing Body meeting. The meeting takes place on Wednesday 6 March from 1.45pm – 4.00pm at Wednesbury Library, Walsall Street, Wednesbury, WS10 9EH
More Articles ...
- Sock it to Eating Disorders and seek treatment
- Patient views sought on plans to relocate services from Crankhall Lane Medical Centre
- Parents given a strong voice on improving maternity services in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- Put a spring in your child’s step this half term
- Spread love, not infections this valentines
- Call for families to take up the ‘Fizz Free’ Challenge
- It’s Time to Talk about mental health
- Public invited to attend to our February Governing Body meeting
- Play Your Care Right in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- Patients invited to have their say on plans for Marshall Street Surgery