As part of this process an engagement exercise was carried out to listen to the views of local people with lived experience of dementia, as well as other stakeholders, to help us understand what’s important to them, their priorities and what could be improved. This was vital because we wanted to make sure our strategy is focused on the right outcomes for people with dementia and their carers, and captures the essence of what we have heard during our ongoing engagement.
We are excited to inform you that the Sandwell Better Lives Dementia Strategy has now been finalised and has received support and approval from the Sandwell Health and Wellbeing Board. We would be delighted if you were able to join us at our strategy launch event as detailed below:
Date: Thursday 21st November 2019
Time: 2:00pm (registration and refreshments) 2.30pm – 4.00pm (meeting)
Venue: Portway Lifestyle Centre (Multi-purpose Hall), Newbury Lane, Oldbury B69 1HE
This event will be an opportunity to:
- Hear a presentation about the final Sandwell Better Lives Dementia Strategy 2019-2025 and how we will make the strategy a reality
- Get an update on how your views have been taken into account
- Receive copies of the pdf engagement report (3.53 MB) and the Sandwell Better Lives Dementia Strategy 2019-2025
- Ask questions of the team
- Agree how we can continue to keep people informed as we make progress
Request a copy of the final Sandwell Better Lives Dementia Strategy: Copies of the final strategy can be made available upon request and will be sent out after the launch event on 21st November 2019. This will also be published on our website following the launch.