With the weather getting colder and winter illnesses starting to circulate, you may be tempted to use antibiotics in place of rest and over the counter remedies.
Anti-Slavery Day, on Thursday 18th October, provides an opportunity to raise awareness of human trafficking and modern slavery.
The Mystery Shoppers scheme has been launched by NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to help the CCG ensure that patients receive a good quality healthcare service supplied by local health providers.
An innovative app continues to prove very popular with patients across the West Midlands who need advice on where to go and what to do if they have an urgent healthcare concern. With the free Ask NHS app, quickly and easily check symptoms 24/7, get trusted NHS health advice and find NHS services local to you. Kelly is just one of the many patients to have benefited.
Taking regular exercise can not only help improve physical health, but also have a huge impact on mental health according to research which suggests exercising three times a week can reduce the risk of depression by a third.
This Wednesday (October 10) is World Mental Health Day and marks the start of a new promotion from Public Health England called Every Mind Matters, getting everyone to recognise they have mental health, just as they have physical health.
NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG (SWBCCG) and Sandwell Council are currently carrying out several conversations on how we deliver better outcomes for Sandwell Children and Young People. After two successful workshops in July and October 2018 we are now hosting workshop 3. To book your place click here
More Articles ...
- Black Country and West Birmingham Maternity System Conference 2018
- Smokers challenged to join thousands who quit for Stoptober
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the people in Sandwell and Western Birmingham: Healthy Lives Partnership
- October opportunity to hear about health service improvements in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- If in doubt, keep it out
- Inspirational Practice Nurse to share best practice at national conference
- Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG achieves national recognition for improving end of life care
- Drink Free Days
- Pride prevailing over pee
- Creating a brighter future for children and young people