This World Diabetes Day (14 November), NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) are urging local residents to become familiar with the warning signs of Diabetes to try and spot the condition sooner.
Plans that will eventually see the full integration of the 999 and 111 services in the West Midlands (except Staffordshire) have taken an important step forward with the 111 service transferring to West Midlands Ambulance Service.
The change, which took place yesterday at noon, is the first step of a process that will lead to significant improvements for patient care through fully integrating NHS urgent and emergency care services.
Make sure to enjoy your Bonfire Night celebrations safely – that’s the message from local health leaders in Sandwell and West Birmingham
On the 5th of November, many of us will be celebrating Bonfire Night with fireworks, sparklers and of course, bonfires. But whilst enjoying the festivities, it’s important to take steps to avoid any accidents and injuries.
November is Men’s Health Month in the UK, and is an opportunity for people to discuss health issues that affect men across the country.
This autumn and winter, including October half term, health leaders from Sandwell and West Birmingham are encouraging people to visit their local community pharmacy for helpful health advice.
As part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October, local health chiefs at NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) are encouraging women to familiarise themselves with the symptoms of breast cancer and to be aware of how to check themselves for these symptoms.
Few people in the UK really understand what osteoporosis is. Even fewer understand the impact it has on real lives. So, this Sunday 20 October is World Osteoporosis Day where everyone is being urged to work together to raise awareness among our society and reduce the number of people whose days are destroyed by this debilitating condition.
Over 70,000 patients in Sandwell and West Birmingham put their health at risk last winter by not having their flu jab,
More Articles ...
- Speak up this World Mental Health Day
- Sandwell and West Birmingham supports ‘Every Mind Matters’, the first national NHS mental health campaign
- Spilt up with smoking this October
- Praise for personal health budgets as 180 benefit from scheme in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- Take care of your health down under – and we don’t mean Australia
- Champion poet in rhyme with health celebrations in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- Public invited to CCG Governing Body meeting in Cradley Heath
- Get the right care this August Bank Holiday in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- Help is at hand for young people awaiting exam results
- Year-8 boys in Sandwell and West Birmingham given extra protection from cancer