As December draws that little bit closer so does the Christmas cheer, and with all the excitement the more everyday things get lost or forgotten. So before the inevitable coughs, colds and flu really get a grip, Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group is urging parents of children between the ages of two and seven to make sure their little ones have their flu nasal vaccination as soon as possible to ensure they are protected for the winter months.
The NHS organisation responsible for planning and buying health services for the residents of Sandwell and West Birmingham is celebrating after scooping a national award – repeating its success from 2013.
Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group was named as Clinical Commissioning Group of the year at the prestigious Health Service Journal Awards held in London on November 18.
On Wednesday 18 November, Birmingham Better Care are holding a big Dementia focused event for people who have, care for, support or work around Dementia. There will be market stalls for services to showcase what they’re doing and opportunities to take part in workshops. All people with dementia, their carers, and local Health and Social Care professionals are invited to come along and learn more about local dementia services.
Thank you for your continued interest in this consultation, which has been jointly managed by Birmingham CrossCity, Birmingham South and Central, Solihull and Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
We had a very positive response to the consultation and have received lots of valuable feedback and insight from wide range of people across Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull and the wider West Midlands.
Invitation from: Dr Vijay Bathla, Pioneers for Health Chair
As the Chairman of Pioneers for Heath I am proud to invite you to our Patient Summit meeting. Pioneers for Health is one of five locality groups that make up the wider of Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (SWBCCG). Please click here to view a list of practices that are members of Pioneers for Health LCG, if your practice is listed you are most welcome to attend.
Invitation from: Dr Ram Sugavanam, HealthWorks Vice Chair and Clinical Lead for Muscoloskeletal and Demand Management
Thursday 5th November 2015
1pm- 4pm (registration/lunch from 1pm for a 1.30pm start)
Metal Forming Centre, 47 Birmingham Road, West Bromwich, B70 6PY
As the Vice Chair of the HealthWorks (Locality Commissioning Group), I am pleased to invite you to our Patient Summit meeting.
Local groups and organisations that make a difference by reducing health inequalities in their community are being urged to enter Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group’s (CCG) Equality Awards 2016.
The awards are for people who are involved in projects taking place in diverse and vulnerable communities, which ensure people or groups are treated fairly and equally.
- Third in the series of Parent Conferences
- Stay all day or just pop in and see us for a short while
- Come along and hear about Education, Health and Care (EHC) transitions and access information on the SEND Local Offer
- Tell us what makes a difference to your child
- Come and discover a range of information and attend workshops and take part in discussions
- Meet with other families and share your experiences
Sandwell and West Birmingham has one of the highest rates of stillbirths and infant mortality in England. We believe many of these stillbirths and deaths could be prevented. The CCG is calling on all partners to join together to tackle this important issue.
The summit is an opportunity to:
- Understand from local experts the scale of the challenge
- Collectively identify opportunities to improve services and outcomes locally
- Pledge to work together to tackle this priority.
More Articles ...
- Local health organisation is a finalist for national award
- ICOF Locality Commissioning Group Patient Summit
- August Bank Holiday Pharmacy Opening Times
- Extra chance to have a say on non-emergency patient transport services
- New leader tasked with transformation of health services for local people
- Award-winning organisation continues to support the people of Sandwell
- July event to showcase revolutionary mental health services for 0-25s
- New Website for Birmingham Public Health
- Dr Nick Harding, Birmingham doctor and Chair of Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG awarded OBE in 2015 Queen’s Birthday honours
- NHS 111 Virtual Patient Network: Recruiting now!