The STP is a partnership of health and social care organisations that have come together to improve the health and wellbeing of people across the Black Country and West Birmingham.
NHS healthcare heroes in Sandwell and West Birmingham have been recognised at the prestigious General Practice Stars of 2018 Awards.
Following the huge success of last year’s event, the event was run again this year, showcasing and celebrating the hard work and staff commitment that goes into delivering excellent patient care in general practice.
Picture: Chair's Special Recognition Award Winner, Dr Saira Khan
The Met Office has issued a level 3 warning for heatwave conditions until Monday 9 July. The very warm, locally hot, conditions are set to continue through the period, but especially over the weekend. The highest temperatures are likely to occur on Sunday in parts of southern, central, and western England.
NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is reminding people to take care when enjoying the sunshine.
Our annual report for 2017/18 has just been published. The report highlights how the CCG has been making steps forward in innovative schemes such as the Primary Care Commissioning Framework (PCCF) which has heralded a step-change in local health.
To help take the sting out of summer, NHS Sandwell & West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has issued some top tips.
The news follows one month on from the announcement of the Local GP Retention Fund to provide an additional £10 million as part of the General Practice Forward View initiative to support areas that are struggling most with GP retention. Of this, £3 million will be used to establish seven intensive support sites in areas in England that have struggled most to retain GPs, including the Black Country Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) area. The remaining £7 million is being made available to support locally-based retention schemes across the country to help GPs to stay in the workforce.
The special celebration, which is being organised by NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), is being held on 5 July at CAP Centre, Windmill Lane, Smethwick at 1.30pm.
Patients and the public are invited to the next governing body meeting of NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). The meeting takes place on Wednesday 4 July 2018 from 1.45pm – 4.00pm in The Board Room, 2F Kingston House, West Bromwich B70 9LD.
More Articles ...
- Local GPs part of national NHS birthday celebration
- Adults with learning disabilities join NHS in Sandwell and West Birmingham for the week to celebrate Mencap Learning Disability Awareness Week
- Met office alert issued for heatwave
- Last chance to share your views on proposed changes to variety of health treatment policies across Sandwell and West Birmingham
- Don’t get World Cup ‘fever’ and neglect your health
- Thousands warned of diabetes
- Caring for Carers in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- The Five Ways Health Centre is subject to a temporary closure following a notice from the Care Quality Commission.
- Pregnant women and new mums invited to share their views at the 'Whose Shoes?' maternity services event
- Have your say and help shape maternity services in region