The NHS has produced a Long Term Plan based on the experiences of our patients and staff so we can be prepared for the future.
Thousands of vulnerable patients in Sandwell and West Birmingham still remain unprotected from the deadly flu virus according to the latest figures from Public Health England. NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is calling for more patients who are entitled to the free flu jab to come forward as it’s still not too late to get the flu jab.
Macmillan Cancer Support has announced it will invest £543,000 into transforming cancer services in Sandwell and West Birmingham over the next three years.
NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals Trust have jointly secured the funding from Macmillan to develop a Living with and Beyond Cancer programme.
Students in the Black Country are being supported by NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG and Fixers to raise awareness about the dangers of knife crime.
Joe Holdsworth and his friends have made a video called Real Knives, Real Lives which was launched at a Youth Police Summit in Birmingham on 11 December 2018.
It concentrates on the peer pressures which makes a young man carry a knife - and the terrible grief his father feels after he is killed.
The funding boost will mean that a number of healthcare facilities across the Black Country will get much-needed upgrades ensuring local patients get the high quality care they deserve, in state-of-the-art, modern facilities.
Every patient in Sandwell and West Birmingham now has access to extended GP practice services (including opening hours in the evening and at weekends) thanks to improvements introduced by NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
The Village Medical Centre's phone lines are now back up and running as normal. Thank you for your patience.
More Articles ...
- Patients invited to have their say on improvements to same day access services in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- Sandwell and West Birmingham residents invited to hear how health services are developing
- Top tips to keep merry without getting too merry this Christmas
- Breathe easier and seek treatment on World COPD Day
- People at risk need to take action on World Diabetes Day
- Sandwell students supported to raise awareness of abusive behaviour
- Sandwell and West Birmingham residents invited to hear how our health services are run
- Join the fight against antibiotic resistance!
- Sharing isn’t always caring
- West Midlands campaign to stamp out modern slavery