After careful consideration, the decision has been made by the Primary Care Co Commissioning Committee to disperse the practice list at Dr Majeed, Bloomsbury Health Centre.
The decision follows feedback and analysis of the consultation held Monday 26 August 2019 to Monday 23 September 2019 with registered patients and neighbouring providers of Dr Majeed’s practice
Patients will now need to register with another practice by 31 January 2020.
NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is inviting patients of Dr Majeed at Bloomsbury Health Centre to have their say on the future of the Practice.
Dr Majeed’s practice was rated as ‘requires improvement’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in 2018 and were placed into ‘special measures’.
The CQC is the independent regulator of health and social care in England, with the purpose to make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care.
The CCG are asking for your views on the two options available to them, and your feedback will inform the decision the CCG makes on the future of the Practice:
- Disperse the Practice List: which means that the CCG would work with you to find another local GP surgery for you to register with
- Re-procurement: this means the CCG would try to find another healthcare organisation to deliver the GP service permanently, which may be from other premises
Have your say by attending one of our public meetings. The meetings provide an opportunity for you to discuss the proposed plans and ask any questions, concerns or suggestions that you may have. The dates and times of the meetings are shown below:
- Monday 9 September 2019, 9.30am, The POD, 28 Oliver Street, Nechells, B7 4NX
- Thursday 12 September 2019, 6.00pm, The POD, 28 Oliver Street, Nechells, B7 4NX
- Wednesday 18 September 2019, 2.00pm, The POD, 28 Oliver Street, Nechells, B7 4NX
Alternatively, you can complete the short questionnaire https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Q2KTH2Y