For the second year running, the CCG hosted the General Practice Star Awards.
The Awards Ceremony was held on Thursday 12 July 2018 at the West Bromwich Albion Football Ground where nominees, dignatories, guests and staff all came together to celebrate the dedication and hard work of general practice staff.
Photographs from the Awards Ceremony:
Videos from Ceremony:
- GP Awards Ceremony - Summary of Event
- Antibiotics Champion Award
- Collaboration of the Year Award
- Primary Care Innovation Award
- Rising Star Award
- Unsung Hero (non clinical) Award
- Unsung Hero (clinical) Award
- Chair's Recognition Award
- Practice Nurse of the Year Award
- Practice Team of the Year Award
- Practice Manager of the Year Award
- Patient Champion Award
- Trainee GP of the Year Award
- GP of the Year Award
The following members of staff won each of the categories listed below:
Dr Parmjit Marok received the title of GP of the Year for making an exceptional difference in her day to day clinical practice at Rotton Park Medical Centre. She also shines as a GP trainer, GP appraiser and one of the CCG GP Forward View clinical leads.
Davinia George from Regis Medical Centre was awarded Practice Nurse of the Year for having passion, drive and giving everything and everyone 100%.
This year’s Patient Champion is Pam Jones who was recognised for her commitment to working with the CCG and her GP practice to ensure that the patient voice is heard to help develop and strengthen local healthcare.
Dr Saira Khan was a truly deserving winner of the Chair's Special Recognition Award. While enjoying a social break in London, Dr Khan stepped in to provide first-aid support during the attacks at Borough Market in London.
There were also:
- Antibiotics Champion Award - The Nurse Practitioner Team; Lianne White and Rebeca Cobane from Hill Top Medical Centre.
- Collaboration of the Year Award - Broadway Health Centre
- Primary Care Innovation Award - Dr Manir Aslam and Dr Imran Zaman, Broadway Health Centre
- Rising Star Award - Santokh Sohal from Laurie Pike Health Centre and Helen Sargeant from Smethwick Medical Centre
- Unsung Hero Award (Non-clinical) - Paulette Riley from Oakham Surgery and Betty Colbourne from Laurie Pike Health Centre
- Unsung Hero Award (Clinical) - Gillian Williams from Smethwick Medical Centre and Dr Emma Andrews from Church Road Surgery
- Practice Team of the Year Award - The Diabetes Team: Amelia Cook, Frances Fletcher, Dr Swayam Iyer, Tara Stevenson from Smethwick Medical Centre
- Practice Manager Award - Michael Lacken-Whelen from Handsworth Wood Medical Practice
- GP Trainee of the Year Award - Dr Rachel Maher from Oakham Surgery