This scheme supports the development of flexible career opportunities and helps GPs enhance their skills and knowledge in area(s) of interest. Up to £10,000 has been made available for training needs and access to secondary care support. This scheme encourages a different approach to tackling recruitment difficulties by encouraging GPs to adopt a portfolio approach to their employment options.
- To develop flexible career opportunities for GPs – portfolio career
- To enhance skills and knowledge in area(s) of interest
- The scheme encourages flexibility whilst retaining GPs
- The scheme strengthens speciality level exposure, experience, and flexibility in employment.
- The opportunity to work alongside colleagues in a different setting/area of interest
- An expression of interest form that confirms the broad area of interest, skills and knowledge development
- Financial support up to £10k per portfolio career/person available until March 2019
- A mutually agreed period of time for development into an additional role
Who can access this support?
- It’s available to all GPs on the performers list employed in the Black Country
- GPs willing to remain in general practice & keen to explore a blended career path.
What is the time commitment?
- The scheme is tailored to individual preference.
- Reduction in GP clinical sessions/additional sessions in an alternative setting i.e. education, leadership, hospital, community etc.
- Preparation of a joint development plan (portfolio match).
- Training, education needs may be identified.
How long is the offer available?
- Offer is open to applications until 1 March 2019
- Support will run to 31 March 2019
- If successful, the project is likely to continue as part of the Black Country and West Birmingham STP
How do I find out more?