Halcyon Medical is looking for an enthusiastic individual with good communication skills to join our friendly reception team. The role involves working on the reception desk and in our back office greeting patients, dealing with queries, telephone calls, making appointments, registering new patients, recalling patients for test results, and other administrative duties such as producing letters.
Previous work experience in a GP surgery and knowledge of EMIS software would be desirable.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Good communication skills both face to face and via the telephone
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working in busy environments ideally within customer facing roles
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively;
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
- Using your own judgment and communication skills; ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Enter requests for home visits onto the clinical system, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor.
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, either on the computer or manually.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required.
- Patient notes and correspondence; Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen.
- Ensure records are kept in good repair with all necessary information on the outside cover clearly visible.
- It is important that you note you may be required to adjust your hours to suit the needs of the Practice and to- work such additional hours from time to time as are necessary including weekends on rota.
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the GPs or the Practice Manager
Job Type: Part-time 20 hours per week, Mon – Fri 08.00 – 12.00
- Previous experience in a GP environment would be preferable but not essential as full training will be given. Uniform will also be provided.
- Depending on experience.
- Halcyon Medical, Unit 8, 24 Martineau Place, Birmingham City Centre, B2 4UH.